The Odd Mix

I have moved to http://oddmix.wordpress.com Everything that was here is now over there as well. Come on over and join the fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Cold is a Homonym. Is Freezing?

Thank you so much, blogging parents. I don’t know how you did it, but all you virally infected families managed somehow to pass it on to my healthy family. I am now floating in a sea of green slime and I can feel it growing in my sinuses.

This morning MDW let me sleep in. Yes, Tink, for two days running now I slept until 10:00 AM. Heaven! What a good wife – she says it is my Valentine’s Day present (and a good one, I might add).

So, this morning as I lay there holding my six year old (who was the primary vector for the green slime) ‘Liese came running in, flipped on the lights, and jumped on the bed to show us her Band-Aid (Band-Aids are the subject of another entire entry for another day). She lay down to snuggle next to her big sister and the green slime settled into a new part of her chest, provoking a coughing jag.

Gabriella: gathering her up in a hug. “That happens because you have a cold.”
‘Liese: with a stuffy, squeaky voice “I no have a code, I have a Freezing!”

Suddenly I seemed to be overcome with a fit of coughing myself. I would never laugh in a situation like that, would you?

4 Comments:

Blogger mamatulip said...

*blush* Yeah. I would laugh. But in a sympathetic, "That's so sweet, she's my girl" kind of way.

Sorry you're sick! Hope everyone is better soon. :)

6:18 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Tree said...

Yeah, sickness seems to be floating around here, doesn't it?
Just don't start barfing, ok?
;)
Get better soon. Your kids sound adorable.
ps: You've been linked!

8:28 PM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger Tink said...

TWO mornings? Awesome! Your wife is wonderful. "A freezing." That's going to be my word of the day. I love kid lingo. If only they stayed that cute.

11:29 AM, February 20, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Who me? No never!

2:00 PM, February 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home