The Odd Mix

I have moved to http://oddmix.wordpress.com Everything that was here is now over there as well. Come on over and join the fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Friday, February 17, 2006

I Rock!

OK. Normally I am a pretty self-deprecating kind of guy. Not usually prone to tooting my own horn. But today, I've just gotta say it, "I Rock!"

"Why do you rock?" you ask. Well let me tell you.

Having had what some might call a lackluster Valentine's Day, my children and I were somewhat dissapointed. They, because they had to sit in the truck or the waiting room for eight hours, and me because I had to sit in the truck or the waiting room with them for eight hours. And because I always try to use V Day as an opportunity to rack up those ever important E points. Well, to ease the kids feelings (and double my oportunities to get those points) I told them we would observe Valentine's Day this weekend.

Due to the vagaries of the Federal Government's personnel scheduling system (and it is very vague sometimes) I had today off, but being the sneaky sort that I am, I did not tell my wife. Instead I bought the groceries for a special breakfast and some flowers. This morning I got up as if I were going to work and went out to the garage and built a tray for the bathtub. Cooked breakfast and sent one of the kids down to wake her up with a rose and bring her upstairs.

I give you... My Wife's Valentine's Day Surprise :cue sappy oooohs and aaaaws:
(note the rose petals in the water, please. I want full credit, here)




OK, Let's all say it together now... LOL
"OddMix Rocks!"

5 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

Omg. You ROCK! Now I need you to do something for me. Start a class that teaches other men how to do this for their women. I think you're the only one that's caught on here. It's a shame to waste all those brownie points.

4:00 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger clara* said...

you DO rock!! good boy!

4:51 PM, February 17, 2006  
Blogger Anne said...

You. Built. A. Bathtub. Tray. Before. Breakfast.

I'm in awe.

12:12 AM, February 19, 2006  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Oh yes. The petals in the water are such a nice touch. I'll be showing this picture to my husband.

6:17 PM, February 19, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You DO rock!!

Do you have a brother? ;) I have a lovely single friend who is looking...

7:39 PM, February 24, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home