The Odd Mix

I have moved to http://oddmix.wordpress.com Everything that was here is now over there as well. Come on over and join the fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Nope! Not squared - Cubed!

or How I Joined the Rebellion.

Third Woooo Hoooooo. I got home from doing the last minute shopping last night as the proud new poppa of a Canon 350D DSLR (Rebel XT) - or BAMF in the local parlance - who shall be named... uh, well, I'm not sure yet. But it is going to be something really cool and witty, 'cuz I am cool and witty that way. Anyone got any good suggestions?

I also came home with a renewed realization that I am married to the most wonderful woman in the world. The money for my new friend came from her. In addition to managing the farm AND getting us moved AND getting us ready to go on vacation AND taking care of four kids, she has been working extremely hard taking care of a sick horse (ulcers, believe it or not), something she normally does not do. The first payment she got for this extra effort, almost $3000, went entirely to reducing our farm bills (it has been a hard year). The next check she got paid for my camera. I have dreamt of a DSLR for years. While I am sure she could have found a multitude of other things to spend that money on, she spent it on my dream. Her generosity is only one of the very many things that I love about her, but it was a wonderful reminder of just how blessed I really am.

Oooo! How about Artoo? Yes! I think I'm going to call him Artoo. You're gonna have to work really hard to beat Artoo.


And the WWC words are up.

12 Comments:

Blogger dashababy said...

Hi!
Congrats on the new camera! I just have a little Kodak which pales in comparison to the BAMF.

I've been rummaging around in your blog here and I like it very much. I visited the horsey blog too and wow, they are gorgeous. I used to have a horse when I was a teenager.

Love the cooking blog too since I like to cook and love to eat :)

On the WWC, do we take pics to describe the words?

Have fun on vacation if I don't hear from you before then.

12:00 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Sue said...

Congrats! That is what I shoot with and I love it. LOVE IT!! your wife rocks

12:37 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Judypatooote said...

You do have a special lady....and with mothers day coming up, she thought of you.....Sweet! Are you moving away from the horse farm... or into it.....? Well we all will expect alot of pictures now....

12:56 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Tink said...

Your wife rocks! What a great chick. BTW I am too jealous to comment on your newest addition to the family. Hmph. :P

Great word choice. I'll get clicking this weekend.

2:24 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats! You'd better have a really nice mother's day present in the works, dude.

7:58 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooooh you stole my thunder! That's ok, more love to go around for two new BAMF's unleashed on the blogosphere. Yay YOU. Take good pics! (and tell me how to take better ones too)

8:56 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Misti said...

Congrats!!! i am super excited for you. I can't wait to see your first pictures.
Mine is Lola :) Shes my 5th child. And shes a girl because I couldn't handle another rowdy boy;)

12:24 AM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger mdvelazquez said...

Congrats on the BAMF!

I'm lusting after the Canon EOS 5D.

Maria

6:05 AM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger Kami said...

Congrats!!!

1:23 PM, May 11, 2006  
Blogger islandarts said...

Wow, What a lucky man you are!! I can't wait to see all the photographic goodness that comes from your new camera!!

6:13 AM, May 12, 2006  
Blogger Freakazojd said...

Yay! New cameras are always fun - that is indeed a wonderful gift. I dig the "Artoo" moniker.

9:07 PM, May 15, 2006  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Damn nice present!!!
You are gonna love it and become even more of a photo nut!
not that I'd know...

1:41 PM, May 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home