The Odd Mix

I have moved to http://oddmix.wordpress.com Everything that was here is now over there as well. Come on over and join the fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Wooo Hooo! (squared)

First Wooo Hoooo. Ten people played the Weekend Words Challenge! Not in the SPF league, yet, but not a bad start! Thanks so much to all of you who played or commented. Some very nice photos were to be seen and some really good creativity, too. Join us next week!

Second Wooo Hoooo. We are going to the Happiest Place on Earth. Yep, you heard me. Thursday night MDW, my four kids, and I will board an Amtrak train to be delivered the next morning, safe and (hopefully still) sane, in the land of Mouse Ears, Poop and Boogies, Twisted Tink, and Random Thoughts. There will be many adventures had, probably lunches hurled, princesses hugged, shows seen, and very little sleep.

I haven't had a real vacation in three years (lay-offs do NOT count). I am so excited.

I will post the Weekend Words Challenge a day early tomorrow so I don't miss getting them up on Thursday. I should be able to get access down there and you'd better believe I will be taking many, many photos! So please play.

I will post some of the best photos here, and maybe create a new blog as a virtual scrapbook (or maybe I will just use Flickr).

Anyhow, I am off to see the Big Cheese, the Mouse himself. ::singing:: "Who's the leader of the club that's made for you and me..."

12 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

What's this word, "Vacation" you speak of? ;)

Have fun and be careful!! You guys deserve the break.

3:25 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Freakazojd said...

WOOHOO is right! Have fun! :)

7:18 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Katie said...

Shout a hi to Luke's grandma & grandpa while you're down there! Someday we'll get to Disney - at Christmas we went to Sea World and "Downtown Disney" but Luke's a little young for the real thing. Have fun (& try to relax a little, too, while you're at it!).

7:26 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger chichimama said...

Enjoy!!!

7:40 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

You're going to love the great weather we are having here - hot hot hot and sunny! Bring your bathing suits.

7:44 PM, May 09, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We just visited the Mouse a few weeks ago. It was a great time. Have fun!

8:40 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Patsy Ann said...

LOVED your photo titled "REVEAL". The others were very good too! I don't have a very good camera but thought this would be fun so I've posted a couple of photos anyway. I'm new to this blogging thing..... FUN! You have a lovely family. Hope your vacation was GREAT!

8:52 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Lauri said...

I just don't know if I could handle 3 kids at Disney. I can't even handle them at Chuck E. Cheese!

BTW: I got my picture up. But I have a question. I can't figure out how to get your button up. All the ones I've done before just show up...or something magical, anyway.

Have a GREAT trip!!!

10:02 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Cheers to a happy vacation!!

and Flickr rocks!!

11:44 PM, May 09, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Lucky you! We're all driving to Richmond for the weekend to throw my sister a baby shower. Not exactly an exciting vacation.

7:48 AM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger mamatulip said...

Totally unrelated to this post -- I just read your comment to my "Thinking" post. It made me cry. Thank you. Thank you.

7:54 AM, May 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK-in response to this...

"You move at their pace and see wonderful new things through thier eyes."

Will you be my new dad???

Have lots of fun!

9:08 AM, May 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home