The Odd Mix

I have moved to http://oddmix.wordpress.com Everything that was here is now over there as well. Come on over and join the fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Anger

Life's but a walking shadow; a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more:



Today I went for a walk. All the fountains are now filled and splashing water is all around. I was watching the children enjoy the warm sun and cool water in front of one of the museums, when I noticed this woman. She appears to be one of the area's homeless residents.

As I watched her she was having a running conversation with herself - almost an argument - sometimes seeming to yell, othertimes putting her fingers in her ears as if to block out someone's voice. Was it about the news? or about the children making noise and standing in "her" water? or was it something the rest of us wouldn't understand. Whatever it was her voice was lost amid the sound of the wind, the fountain and the childrens laughter.

She looked so angry. I thought it was sad

1 Comments:

Blogger Tink said...

That's a WOMAN? I thought it was a man. Her expression says it all. You couldn't have captured the moment any better.

3:39 PM, April 13, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home