The Odd Mix

I have moved to http://oddmix.wordpress.com Everything that was here is now over there as well. Come on over and join the fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Monday, May 22, 2006

I'm Changing My Name to Doolittle...

...and not because I am lazy, either.



One of our boarder horses stayed at a convalescent facility while we were away. As we were coming back, we got an offer from the owner of the facility to send "Red's goat" along with him if we would give it a good home.



Red is a former race horse and evidently had a companion goat when he was at the track (a common practice). He was doing much better with the goat around so we accepted. Witness the newest member of the team - my new shadow, Charlie the Nubian Goat.



He followed me everywhere I went in the field today. He bleated (blat?) pitifully when I would leave. We connected. We bonded. I like my new shadow. He is cool.

10 Comments:

Blogger chichimama said...

Aw. I love goats. I always wanted one when I was little. Enjoy!

5:50 AM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Jen said...

You live on your own child fantasy land! You know that right?

Oh, and just so you know, you have this knack for saying JUST the right thing.
Thank you for that.

7:56 AM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Kelli said...

I love it! The very first farm I ever took horseback riding lessons had "Danny Goat" on the property. He was hilarious. Have fun with your new shadow!

9:29 AM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Tink said...

I was just telling my Mom today that I want a goat! They're so cool. They're easy to take care of and ornery.

2:03 PM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Lucky Lum said...

Isn't it coincidental he has RED hair too.

2:43 PM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Jay said...

Every farm needs goats and donkeys. They are both pretty good pets. Almost as loyal and loyal as dogs. As long as you have their food and treats of course. haha

7:37 PM, May 23, 2006  
Blogger Anne said...

Aw!

11:32 AM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Will trade one small black cat for your goat.






I should mention that that cat is Boo Boo.

8:23 PM, May 24, 2006  
Blogger Jennboree said...

Sad but true story:

Went to the stock show here in the city and saw handlers with their shorn sheep. I excitedly pointed them out to my daughter and said loudly,"Look at the goats, Bella!".

Not a proud moment.

Real goats are totally cute!

10:12 AM, May 25, 2006  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are you certain that is not a person in a goat suit? Look at his eyes. He KNOWS things.

7:39 PM, May 26, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home