The Odd Mix

I have moved to http://oddmix.wordpress.com Everything that was here is now over there as well. Come on over and join the fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Saturday, May 28, 2005

A Study in Weather

OK, I know it is an absurdly artsy title but I had to call it something and "A bunch of photos I took of old things around the farm" just didn't seem right - factual, but no style. These are, in fact, a bunch of photos I took of old things around the farm.

I am captivated by the way things age. To my eye, weathered oak and iron have a unique grace and beauty. That which makes new material soft and smooth is worn away, leaving behing that which is tough, that which gives form and structure to the softness. The bone which has the remembered shape of the original refined to its escence.


Calling

Beckoning

Reflecting

Grasping

Waiting

Reaching

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home