The Odd Mix

I have moved to http://oddmix.wordpress.com Everything that was here is now over there as well. Come on over and join the fun.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Virginia, United States

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Hello

Wow, my very own blog! I have been considering this for a long time and finally decided to take the plunge - so here I am.

Why now? Uh, I dunno. Seemed like a good time. Especially when I was looking at the cool extras from Google and found blogger. Free + easy + insomnia = good time to start (blog math). Anyway - here I am.

Why "Odd Mix"? Well, I guess that is how I think of myself. I am a technophile who would often rather be riding a horse or building something with wood. I have a very diverse lot of interests sprinkled over a very strong set of personal beliefs.

I love to discuss ideas with people - even those who disagree with me - just so long as the discussion is respectfull and at least somewhat logical, if not objective. I served seven years in the military to defend your right to have your beliefs. I expect that you will respect my right to hold to mine.

Of the myriad of things that define who I am - thoughts and beliefs, tastes and distastes, loves and likes, skills and talents, hopes and fears - some things are central. My faith, my family, and my love of country largely form that central core. Those remain constant, the rest is subject to change without notice.

So with that - here I am. Welcome to my thoughts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home